Constipation is that condition of the digestive system of an individual where the hard feces are difficult to expel. Mostly, it occurs because of excessive water absorption from the food in the colon.
The slower the food moves through the digestive tract, the more water is absorbed by the colon. As a consequence, the feces become dry and hard which ultimately makes the process of emptying the bowels more painful.
Fast facts on constipation
- It generally occurs due to excess water absorption from the food
- Causes of constipation include physical inactivity, aging, and certain medications
- Laxatives should be only used as a last resort
- Some cases of constipation can be relieved by certain changes in lifestyle
Before we start discussing its symptoms and effects, let us talk about the age group affected with this problem:
51 & older
Following the age group, let us now talk about the symptoms indicating that you do not have normal blood pressure.
Some of the symptoms are:
- Stomach ache & cramps
- Feeling bloated
- Losing appetite
If you feel the above-mentioned symptoms in your body, then ignorance is no good option as it can lead to many worse effects like:
- Colorectal disorders
- Colon cancer
- Affecting genitourinary health in women, and many more
Having talked about the symptoms and worse effects, let us now tell you about how you can cure the problem following some easy diet tips, which include:
- 2-3 liters of water intake
- Eating more fibrous fruits
- Consuming Dabur Nityam Churan tablet/powder
- A brisk walk and deep breathing exercise
Also, it is important to understand that each body has a different diet requirement that it needs to meet to stay healthy & active.
At Dietitian Shreya’s Family Diet clinic, we analyze your body and its requirement and provide you the diet plan that is customized to meet all your body needs.
For more information, call us on 730-730-3835 or drop your query at email@example.com
You may also watch out this video on constipation