Amaranth is gluten free grain that is high in fiber , protein and micronutrients.
- Good for bone and brain health.
- Provides protection against free radicals.
- Aid in relieving inflammation
- Aid in weight loss.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Good dietary substitute for those who have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
- Nutritional value – one cup of cooked amaranth contains.
- 251 calories.
- Protein- 9.3 gram.
- Carbohydrates- 46 gram.
- Manganese- 105 % of the RDI
- Iron- 36% of the RDI
- Phosphorus- 29 % of the RDI
Sattvic diets and fasting are the best solutions in order to stay healthy and disease free during this time. It is strongly believed that fasting helps the body to cleanse and detoxify hence aid in maintaining body balance. Sattvic diets on the other hand promotes purity of both soul and body.