Dietitian Shreya and Family Wishing you all A Very Happy Krishna Janmashtami!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE KANHA
The significance of The Festival!
Janmashtami is the birthday of lord Krishna which is celebrated with great enthusiasm all over the country.
It is believed that lord Vishnu reincarnated in the form of lord Krishna on the auspicious day of Janmashtami.
Lord Krishna was born at midnight on the eighth day of Hindu lunar month, Shravana.
Dahi Handi (pot of curd) is celebrated on the Janmashtami.
Shri Krishna, as a child was very and he was very fond of Makhan (butter). It is very healthy for our health as these are some points why Krishna’s favourite is important to our health.
1. Boosts your immune system: Butter is made up of a unique molecular structure of saturated fat. This structure helps it retain a whole load of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin A and D. All these constituents boost our immune system.
2. Makes you smarter and sharper: The molecular structure of butter helps it pass through the layers of tissue that are otherwise impermeable, like that of the brain. It helps in the transportation of nutrients to the brain and takes away wastes from it making the brain function optimally.
3. Makes your skin glow: Butter is packed with the essential mineral selenium, a potent antioxidant along with vitamin E which helps to smoothen out the skin and keeps it healthy and elastic. This gives a very healthy glow to the skin.
4. Helps fight cancer: It is packed with CLA or conjugated linoleic acid along with the short chain and medium chain fatty acids that have anti-cancer properties.
5. Treats a number of ailments: In ayurveda, a number of practitioners prescribe the use of white butter as a remedy for ailments such as ear problems, insomnia, bed wetting, and even for mental illnesses. It is especially advised to mother-to-be during their fourth month of pregnancy since it helps nourish the growing child and eases labor.
6. Lubricates the joints: Due to its structure, it helps in the production of compounds that lubricate joints. It is especially great for people suffering from arthritis since it increases the lubrication between joints helping in reducing the pain associated with the condition.
7. Helps develop the brain and nervous system in children: Since butter contains Arachidonic Acid (AA) that plays an important role in brain function and the maintenance of the healthy cellular structure, it is very good for the proper development of a child’s brain.
Also, want to get updated about everything?
Then follow me on-
If you want to get daily updates of diet tips and recipes click on this link and subscribe us on Youtube!
And you can also visit www.dietitianshreya.com
The Nutrition Expert
PGDPN, PGDND, PGIMER
EX- FORTIS (Clinical Nutritionist)
EX- Dietitian Mid Day Meal (U.T. Education Deptt.)
Best Dietitian in North Medico
Czar of North India Title Holder
Award Holder GLOBAL WOMEN LEADERSHIP