DIETITIAN SHREYA’S DIET REVIEW: BRAN DIET
WHAT IS BRAN DIET?
Bran Diet works on the idea that eating plenty of fiber will lower the chances of becoming obese. The All-Bran diet might not be a good choice for everyone -one need to consult your nutritionist before beginning.
This includes two different types of All-Bran diet: one lasting five days and one lasting seven days. Only a bowl of all-bran cereal is to be eaten, no other dietary changes or exercise program are required on a diet.
HOW GOOD IN THE BODY NUTRITION?
- The All-Bran diet can significantly increase your fiber intake for each day but lacks in providing any other kind of vital nutrition to the body which puts this kind of diet on a back-step.
- There is no study to support the idea that all-bran diet will help you lose weight be it long or short term despite being low on sugar, calorie.
DOES IT HELP IN CURING ANY DISEASE?
- The followers tend to claim that this diet helps in diabetes, stroke, heart disease, high blood pressure or digestive disorders like gastroesophageal reflux but there is only a little of the evidence available to proof it.
WHAT ARE ITS SIDE EFFECTS?
- Does not encourage healthy lifestyle habits.
- Increase processed food consumption, and limiting fruits and vegetables.
- A sudden increase in fiber consumption can cause diarrhea, flatulence or bloating.
- The All-Bran diet may not be good for weight loss or maintain a healthy lifestyle with it.
- It does only provide spontaneous and temporary results.
- Doesn’t put any restrictions on sodium intake, added sugars, Trans fats.
- This diet contains wheat and cannot be followed by gluten intolerant person.
A diet that doesn’t support either weight loss or a healthy lifestyle, promoting the consumption of processed foods, causing problems by the sudden intake of increased fiber should not be opted to make you healthy.
My ratings will be 0.5/10
Ask Your Query….